Brocade

Michelle

I have a 32 shaft Megado and I want to start exploring brocades - is there anyone out there that is weaving brocades or has some knowledge that would talk with me?  I have some questions and was looking for some guidance.  Thanks. Michelle in North Dakota where the snow has come to stay for the winter....

Sara von Tresckow

You might want to get this monograph from a lovely young weaver in Belarus -
an interesting way to design polychrome brocades using liftplan mode,
Photoshop, and Fiberworks.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1054554401/countinuous-loom-controlled-brocade?
click_key=f02c9493b7d76bb93fe21fdbb55504110a996de4%3A1054554401&click_sum=60
a5050c&ref=shop_home_feat_1
I'm working on trying it out soon. Looks delicious.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sarav@...
http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs

Denise Drake

Michelle,
I have Louet Megado 16H and I too live in North Dakota (FARGO). Where in ND do you live.

--
Denise Drake

Michelle

Thank you I purchased her .pdf and will thread tomorrow to do some experimenting and samples

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 4:22 PM Sara von Tresckow <sarav@...> wrote:
You might want to get this monograph from a lovely young weaver in Belarus -
an interesting way to design polychrome brocades using liftplan mode,
Photoshop, and Fiberworks.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1054554401/countinuous-loom-controlled-brocade?
click_key=f02c9493b7d76bb93fe21fdbb55504110a996de4%3A1054554401&click_sum=60
a5050c&ref=shop_home_feat_1

I'm working on trying it out soon. Looks delicious.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sarav@...
http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs

Michelle

Fargo also – will you contact me privately so we can talk?

Michelle

I have Louet Megado 16H and I too live in North Dakota (FARGO). Where in ND do you live.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 4:08 PM, Michelle <edenme98@...> wrote:

I have a 32 shaft Megado and I want to start exploring brocades - is there anyone out there that is weaving brocades or has some knowledge that would talk with me?  I have some questions and was looking for some guidance.  Thanks. Michelle in North Dakota where the snow has come to stay for the winter....

--
Denise Drake

Denise Drake

Michelle,
It would be great to talk to a multi harness weaver in FARGO!  Would love to visit with you.
Here is my contact information:
Denise Drake
4976 Avery Lane South
Fargo, ND
701-866-2130
Ddrake@...

I am in AZ right now,  but would love to visit with you via phone.

On Dec 10, 2021, at 7:19 AM, Michelle <edenme98@...> wrote:

Fargo also – will you contact me privately so we can talk?

Michelle

I have Louet Megado 16H and I too live in North Dakota (FARGO). Where in ND do you live.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 4:08 PM, Michelle <edenme98@...> wrote:

I have a 32 shaft Megado and I want to start exploring brocades - is there anyone out there that is weaving brocades or has some knowledge that would talk with me?  I have some questions and was looking for some guidance.  Thanks. Michelle in North Dakota where the snow has come to stay for the winter....

--
Denise Drake

--
Denise Drake

Sara von Tresckow

Recently there were questions about weaving brocade. I recently completed
some samples using the tutorial I recommended - the photos are available in
a project on Ravelry -
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/FLAXFAN/brocading-tutorial---part-1-back-fl
oats-woven-as-is

I really had some other projects in mind, but this experimenting is SO much
fun.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sarav@...
http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs

Sara von Tresckow

Somehow my link got truncated -

If you copy the whole string and pasted it into a browser, it goes to the right place.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI

sarav@...

http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning needs

Fazia Rizvi

Here’s the fixed link. (The copy-pasted one also added some extra characters)

Sara, these are wonderful! I’d like to try a few on my 8-shaft table loom.

Fazia