Topics

Beiderwand

Laurie Schellinger

I am weaving Beiderwand for the first time and I have a sett question. Do I consider it Double Weave so my sett is twice that of plan weave?

Sara von Tresckow

Since you have different ratios - real Beiderwand is a subset of lampas with
a ratio of 4:1, both layers plain weave. You would add the layers together
for the sett, which would not be double, but, say 24 for the ground and 6
for the secondary warps, you'd have 30 epi.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sarav@woolgatherers.com
http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs

Laurie Schellinger

Thanks.