Topics

A Handweaver's Take on Traditional Skills - New York Textile Month on Textile TV (YouTube)

Louise Yale

Just finished watching this video on Justin Squizzero of the Burroughs Garret, his company which produces historical weavings.

Discovered New York Textile Month accidently on YouTube. Some of the videos are not worth the time but others, like this one, show that weaving is alive, well and doing business even during the time of COVID.

Justin talks about his background, family and how he became a weavers, an evolving tale.

Louise in NorCal where the smoke has cleared for the moment.

Nancy Hassel

Justin presented to the New Hampshire Weavers Guild via Zoom the other day.  He is a young Vermont weaver using a double harness loom with antique jacquard performing pattern selection   He showed us a coverlet using the Harry Tyler (early 19th century jacquard weaver) Lion design.  His website is https://www.theburroughsgarret.com/

I'm going to now look for the video Louise referenced.

--
Nancy Hassel
http://fiber.hassel.net

Marta Sullivan

I haven’t found the address of the video but loved the website.  Coming from California, I really love the New England viewpoint and appreciation of history and all that is attached to it.

Marta

Louise Yale

Marta
Access the NYTM. New York Textile Month, videos through YouTube.
Louise in NorCal where the sky is clear !!

On 2020-09-22 07:59, Marta Sullivan wrote:
I haven't found the address of the video but loved the website.
Coming from California, I really love the New England viewpoint and
appreciation of history and all that is attached to it.
Marta
_._,_._,_

Nancy Hassel

I found the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZFI_Zc8C6s - it is inspirational