Cowboy Magic Detangler & Shine - application

Kati Meek

The technique that works easiest for me is to pour some DETANGLER into a plastic lidded container, and with a sponge, apply to the warp from behind the heddles to the back beam.  Note how many inches that is, then after weaving that many inches, repeat the application behind the heddles.  I have been known to use a washable pen to mark a selvedge thread to indicate where the application stopped so I can apply before untreated warp enters the heddles.

The warp that is already in the heddles will want to be treated, so I advance the warp to expose that section and apply there, with the sponge, let it dry, then return the warp to starting position.

It is important to always stroke from the front toward the back, I hold one hand under the warp section with the sponge in the other hand above the same warp section, working across the width.  Then the sponge goes into the container and the lid closed until the next section wants the DETANGLER. It does not take a heavy application.

Treadle with Joy, Kati

Creekside Studio

Marshall, MI

Sent from Mail for Windows