Pac NW travel recs

Penny Lacroix

Hi all,

I hope this is not outside the scope of this group. My husband and I are going to be in the Vancouver/Seattle area for a week in late May-early June. I'm looking for fiber- related things to do.

I've heard that Salt Spring Island is an artsy area. Can anyone give us specific recommendations of places to visit?

Are there fiber features on Vancouver Island? What about over the border in the US?

We are outdoorsy, active people. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated,  including regarding where to stay. Feel free to PM me if you feel your reply is outside the interest of the group. weaver39@...

TIA!

Best,
 Penny

Isabelle Fusey

Hi Penny

Maiwa and the Silk Weaving Studio on Granville Island in Vancouver are a must.   I will be in touch with more ideas.

Isabelle

https://www.silkweavingstudio.com/

https://maiwa.com/

Elizabeth Moncrief

I see that friend Isabelle beat me to suggesting Granville as the hotspot in Vancouver. - an absolute must, but you’re very welcome to attend our Seattle Weavers Guild mtg on May 27, with Denise Kovnat giving the program.  More info if you’d like it.

Liz Moncrief
Www.aweaversway.com
Instagram:  moncriefliz