paper yarn...got it now what do I do with it #paperyarn

Teri Byrne <aandtbyrne@...>

Hi All
 I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is sparse..."Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

Louise Yale

Have used my own spun (shifu) yarn as weft in table runners and as a
cushion for my loom.
Check the strength before using your yarn as a warp. Also check for color
fastness.
Louise in NorCal

Hi All
I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is
sparse..." Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone
have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

sklarek2

Hi,
Where did you get the paper yarn?
Thanks,
susan

--
Susan Sklarek

Senior Critic
Textile Department
Rhode Island School of Design
2 College St., Providence, RI 02903

Cell: 401-487-1459

Ian Bowers

It needs to be damp to run onto the shuttle and then compact into the fabric.  Ideally store over several days over water to allow the moisture to penetrate into the cone and keep under a damp cloth.

Best regards

Ian Bowers (Dr)

Managing Director

www.georgeweil.com

GEORGE WEIL & SONS LTD, Old Portsmouth Road, Peasmarsh, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LZ

tel: 0 (+44) 1483 565800
fax: 0 (+44) 1483 565807

George Weil & Sons is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number 00321890. Registered office: Peasmarsh, Guildford, GU3 1LZ

Follow George Weil: visit Twitter.comvisit Facebook.comsee our Blog

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the message

 I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is sparse..."Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

jody Williams

Go visit Sarah Swett’s blog.  She has been using coffee filter papers recently in tiny tapestries and other things.  Ask her about your paper.

On Jun 7, 2020, at 4:49 AM, Teri Byrne <aandtbyrne@...> wrote:

Hi All
 I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is sparse..."Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

   <paper yarn.JPG>

Giovanna Imperia

I have some paper yarn from Italy but is not listed on the website.  The heavier one — which may be similar in size as the pic from Teri — comes in several colors.  A finer version is only black and white.

If interested, email me privately and will send more details including pics of the available colors

I have knitted lace with the finer version In black and have had no problems.  Hand washed and blocked the finished piece.  No loss of color.

Giovanna

On Jun 7, 2020, at 10:44, jody Williams <jody@...> wrote:

Go visit Sarah Swett’s blog.  She has been using coffee filter papers recently in tiny tapestries and other things.  Ask her about your paper.

On Jun 7, 2020, at 4:49 AM, Teri Byrne <aandtbyrne@...> wrote:

Hi All
 I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is sparse..."Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

   <paper yarn.JPG>

Ann Shafer

It's been a long time since I used my paper yarn, but as I recall I used it for a table runner and wove one row paper yarn and one row perle cotton,etc.  It turned out OK.  I washed the piece after I wove it also.  But I sold the piece so I don't know its long term durability.
Ann

 I just received 2 cones of this paper yarn..... info on label is sparse..."Purple Corded Paper Yarn 2/3.5mm".
Anyone know of any resources for using paper yarn or better yet anyone have experience using it ?
Any help greatly appreciated TIA

Carol Irving

Wow, a Google search found these:

Books, blogs and more on weaving with paper!

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/08/20, 09:41:46 AM

Melissa Bottrell

Relatedly, on a whim i bought this paper yarn from Habu Textiles on a Japan trip after only 2 years of weaving. I have no idea what to do with it. Anyone done something with this? Or ideas for use?

Thanks
--
---
Melissa M. Bottrell, MPH, PHD

ingerseitz

Use it is weft but only every 5th or 8th or more pic for a scarf or table runner with cotton warp or silk or even linen as warp.

Relatedly, on a whim i bought this paper yarn from Habu Textiles on a Japan trip after only 2 years of weaving. I have no idea what to do with it. Anyone done something with this? Or ideas for use?

Thanks
--
---
Melissa M. Bottrell, MPH, PHD
Ethics Quality Consulting
PH: 510-525-0979

Louise Yale

Gorgeous !!!

Weft for a scarf. I separated the weft shots of paper with a few shots of
perle cotton to show off the yarn. Fun to wear.

Louise in NorCal

---------

Relatedly, on a whim i bought this paper yarn from Habu Textiles on a
Japan
trip after only 2 years of weaving. I have no idea what to do with it.
Anyone done something with this? Or ideas for use?

Thanks
--
---
Melissa M. Bottrell, MPH, PHD
Ethics Quality Consulting
PH: 510-525-0979
email: melissa.bottrell@...

Suzanne Smith CPA

My thoughts exactly.  This Habu yarn is beautiful, and it would add interest and texture to a scarf or table runner.

Suzanne