Sources of inspiration

Eileen Driscoll

I have been enjoying my woven samples from the Complex Weavers 24 + or - group. I notice two things

One, so many weaving teachers and resources used. I thank each one for all they have given to us as teachers.
Olsener
Jannie Taylor
Bonnie Inoyue
Marion Stubenitsky
Marg Coe
And many references to Handweaving.net.

And two, a new book from Marion Stubenitsky that I was completely unaware of, Double with a Twist, about deflected weaves.

Now that we are all on sabbatical from real life, we can tackle the weaving projects we have dreamed of.

Hoping that you are all keeping healthy and safe.

Eileen
Ithaca NY

Sally O

I, too, am enjoying samples arriving from the Cross Country Weaver's 2020 color challenge, "The 3 B's: Birds, Butterflies, & Bugs." (Those of you who are on the mailing list for the traveling notebooks will be in for a treat this coming year!)

My guilds have all cancelled for April, so one of the suggestions we are considering is a virtual "show n tell." Our guild challenge for the year was "Something New" and the presentation was scheduled for next month. The idea is that the participants would send in a photo of their item and write up their tell, and then submit the email to our newsletter person under the subject, "Something New." Each day in April, our newsletter person would use the membership distribution list to share one item, to help the days pass more quickly. When we gather again, we will have a table laid out for all the challenge items.

For those of you who haven't thought of this yet, now is the time to be sure you are carrying your own pen if you have to visit a doctor's office, bank, or other place where you may need to sign documents. Also, I am carrying a stylus so I don't have to touch any screens to complete transactions.

Joe P

Hi Everyone and Eileen

Eileen I enjoyed what you wrote in your post a great deal (We can tackle the weaving projects we have dreamed about). That is just what I have been doing. I have been reading my weaving books I have not read. I have been e-mailing my friends off list. With everything else I have to do in a day. My day is gone before I got it started and I know I am not alone. Because I have many weaving dreams I want to try that I have read about other weavers on this list doing. Call it inspiration.

I am happy today. My touch screen lap top got here it was back ordered it is at my accountants office. Dan called to tell me he would be dropping it off later this afternoon. I said, I am sure you have a lot going on doing peoples taxes. It is ok with me if you drop it off one day at the end of next week. I am working on a project right now anyways. Dan said ok call me.

I have a stash I am going to go dig out a roll of natural fabric I have about 35 pounds of it and the hand crank cutter. I feel like weaving a few place mats. The warp is going to be all kinds of colors that I have of end cones and some natural. I am not sure yet what the pattern is going to be yet. But I will come up with something nice. I am going to set the warp at 15 so the pattern shows up nice and strong. Play music in the back round and work on weaving to my hearts content. I am gong to pick a threading that I can make a lot of different types of place mats by just changing the side tie up on the AVL loom. Boy I sure like that feature. Just sit on a stool and change the tie up. I have found I have been doing a lot more pattern weaving.

Keep Weaving
Joe Bear in WI U.S.A.

[...]

Jayne F

We’ve used email “Show & Tell” many times when meetings have been cancelled due to snow! Plain email works well for small guilds <20.

This time there is a lot more advanced notice so there should be a lot more to share!

Jayne in Maine