AVL Compu II Dobby

Pat Bullen

Everything is all set up, and I'm getting a "range check error" when
I try to start weaving -- even on files that worked 2 months ago.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pat

sandrarude

I did a google search on the phrase "range check error AVL CD II
 and got nothing useful. The error message can  appear in all sorts of software.

Sounds like a call to AVL in the morning would be a good idea.

Sandra

On 11/19/2019 6:18 PM, Pat Bullen wrote:
Everything is all set up, and I'm getting a "range check error" when
I try to start weaving -- even on files that worked 2 months ago.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pat

margcoe

What software are you using?

Marg

Marg Coe
www.e-weave-online.thinkific.com

On Nov 19, 2019, at 7:18 PM, Pat Bullen <spinningwitch24@...> wrote:

Everything is all set up, and I'm getting a "range check error" when
I try to start weaving -- even on files that worked 2 months ago.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pat

Cynthia Broughton

If you are using Fiberworks in weave mode check under sequence to look for set range. If that is clicked you need to either set the range, clear range, or unclick it.

Cynthia

On 11/19/2019 7:18 PM, Pat Bullen wrote:
Everything is all set up, and I'm getting a "range check error" when
I try to start weaving -- even on files that worked 2 months ago.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pat

Pat Bullen

Sorry to have bothered you all.  Should have waited 4 hours to post.
Thank you for all your replies.  My "geek" husband can usually solve
computer problems within an hour.  This took 6 hours.  Our Com Port
cable was looking for Com Port 15, which WeavePoint doesn't have.
My laptop with FiberWorks on it died so I couldn't switch.  Somehow
everything is working again on port 2 like the previous projects.
None of this makes any sense to me, except it is working.
Thanks again.
Pat Bullen

bigwhitesofadog

To use USB connections instead of com ports is one reason I decided to
replace the malfunctioning CD I instead of trying to fix it.
Sandra

Doreen McLaughlin

            Remember that the Compudobby II has a serial port. To connect it to modern computers, most of us use a USB-to-serial adaptor with separate driver software. Being used to connect-anytime USB ports, one may forget that the computer only checks for serial ports on Startup. The serial port needs to be active when the computer checks for it. So, the Compudobby II needs to be turned on first, then the computer turned on.

            A couple of other notes for the CDII: 1. Change your sleep/hibernation setting to NEVER. 2. Change your screensaver to NEVER or 9999. 3. Change your operating system updates to Notify When Updates Are Available. The reasons: 1&2. Your computer does not accept treadling as a valid input to prevent the computer from going into sleep mode or activating the screen saver. Neither sleep mode or screen saver saves your place in your draft – do you remember the exact pick you were on when you went to lunch? 3. Updates often will Restart the computer and Restart (which is different from Shutdown and Startup) can cause the communications between the computer and the CDII to fail due to port reassignment and not checking for serial ports.

Doreen