AVL Compudobby I withe Auto advance

alaskajean1

Hi,
I have a long warp on for scarves - tencel 8/2, 24 epi.  I'm having trouble getting the auto-advance to the correct spot for about 24 ppi.  I wove 2 scarves which ended up about 40 ppi, and are a bit stiff, but ok once wet-finished.  The third one I managed to get set for around 23 ppi, YAY!!  But now the fourth scarf is not cooperating.  It seems to be slipping on the sandpaper beam, even tho I've got a rather tight tension on it.  No matter how I set the auto-advance, I'm getting 44 ppi.  I have manually moved it both forward and back to make sure nothing is caught where it shouldn't be.  I've checked that the cloth beam DOES take up when the cloth comes down, and it works.  If it hadn't worked fine for the one warp, I'd think the tencel was just too slick for the sandpaper beam to hold it.  Would it be a good idea to sort of 'clean' the sandpaper with a brush in case there are fibers embedded that I'm not seeing?  Suggestions, please! And thanks!

margcoe

Do you have the pressure roller in place? I frequently weave with Tencel and have no problems with grip provided pressure roller is engaged.

On Dec 22, 2018, at 11:37 AM, jlbartos@... [WeaveTech] <WeaveTech@...> wrote:

[...]

Peggy Church

Is the base of the beater in the back position?  After about 20 years I figured it out that it needs to be there.  You could also add some weight to the take up to make the whole track of the cloth firmer.

Peggy Church