Jamtlandsdrall

Mary Skoy <maryskoy@...>

Is anyone familiar with the Scandinavian weave called
"Jamtlandsdrall"?
I would like to know where I can find a source for
threading, tie-up, treadling. It's pictured in a C.L.
Blomquist catalog from 1987/88.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Agnes Hauptli <ahauptli@...>

Is anyone familiar with the Scandinavian weave called
"Jamtlandsdrall"?
Jamtlandsdrll to my knowledge is what we call crackle weave, Jamtland being a region in Sweden
Agnes in Doubtless Bay, New Zealand

Erica de Ruiter <ederuiter@...>

Jämtlandsdrall is the Swedish name of Crackle weave. I have an American book "The crackle weave" by Mary E. Snyder all about Jämtlandsdrall, method of threading, designing etc. Mine is bought in 1986, and I believe it has been reptrinted since. It might be found in other books too.
Erica

Is anyone familiar with the Scandinavian weave called
"Jamtlandsdrall"?
I would like to know where I can find a source for
threading, tie-up, treadling. It's pictured in a C.L.
Blomquist catalog from 1987/88.

RBlau <ruthblau@...>

I believe the story about Jamtlandsdrall is that Mary Atwater decided that her American audience would never be able to pronounce the Swedish name of the structure, so she renamed it Crackle (because it reminded her of the fine lines in old pottery). Mary Snyder's book, "The Crackle Weave" is still very much available.

Ruth

Alcorn <alcorn@...>

Look in "Manual of Swedish Handweaving" by Ula Cyrus Zetterstrom. This book, though out of print, is one of my favorites.

Francie Alcorn

dbbwaaol

I believe there are a number *Crackle* drafts throughout Mary Atwater's
Recipe Book. And also a few in Davidson's 4 Shaft Pattern Book.
Diane
in South Puget Sound

janee233

--- In WeaveTech@..., "Diane Butler" <dbbwa@e...> wrote:
I believe there are a number *Crackle* drafts throughout Mary Atwater's
Recipe Book. And also a few in Davidson's 4 Shaft Pattern Book.
There are also several crackle drafts in the 8 shaft pattern book.

Jane Eisenstein

Kerstin Froberg <kerstin.froberg@...>

A couple of years ago I compared different descriptions of
Jamtlandsdrall. I wrote about it for Complex Weavers. The article
can be found on my website, currently at
http://www.freehomepages.com/spinnhuset/index_eng.html
Go to Publications, scroll down to the bottom, select "block
substitution".

- maybe this will only add to the confusion... :-)

Kerstin in Sweden, waiting to get her own web domain

Lois Porter <books@...>

I have a copy of Crackle by Snyder in stock if anyone is interested.
Lois