Back apron bar

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

I have a CM loom, I warp front to back, and I continue to have problems
tying on to the back apron bar.
Try the old nylon cord routine: Make an overhand knot in every 1 inch group
of warp then thread a slippery nylon cord through each group, laced to the
apron rod. An overhand knot in linen or cotton will not slip in this
situation and the nylon ajusts so all groups are very close to the right
tension. Waulk the warp groups as you first crank it on under tension.

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California

cyncewilliams@...

Hi Karen,
What are you doing? tieing about 1"worth of warp ends with an overhand
knot, wrapping that around the warp apron rod and tieing a knot with the 1st
knot holding the warp from slipping?
When I was at ISU, Naomi Towner said use 2 half hitches instead of 1.
That should take care of the problem. I wove a figurative boundweave rug sett
at 6 epi with Brown Sheep wool warp singles, no problems. And Naomi was using
conduit pipe for apron rods, nice fat things that knots just would not hold
around.

Cynthia in Altn,IL

Karen Kelley Schultz <kksmaddogdesigns@...>

I have a CM loom, I warp front to back, and I continue to have problems
tying on to the back apron bar. I've tried what was suggested in the Cay
Garret book. I've tried the Debbie book suggestions. The problem is when
I'm weaving anything with very high tension (rugs) and get near the end, the
ties come undone. Is there a fool-proof method to tie on to this apron bar?

This just happened again on a rug I was weaving. Luckily I only had 3" to
go and was able to weight the warp with jugs of water. It looked so
ridiculous I had to take a picture to remind myself to not let this happen
again. Help!

kks