27th Annual Weaving History Conference

Marina Loew

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share that registration is now open for the Handweaving Museum’s 27th Annual Weaving History Conference! It will be held virtually this October, 24-26. There is a $50 suggested donation to attend but any amount is greatly appreciated. For more information on presentations and to register, visit our website at: https://tiartscenter.org/weaving-history-conference/

We hope to “see” you there!

Marina Loew

Curator

Thousand Islands Arts Center ~ Home of the Handweaving Museum

314 John Street, Clayton, NY 13624

(315) 686-4123

TIArtsCenter.org

bklynweaver

Really looking forward to this.  I attended most of last year's conference and thought it was terrific.

Sally O

Agreed!

I originally heard about this conference from Rabbit Goody and then Marjie Thompson during guild workshops, but when Deb McClintock mentioned it to me at Complex Weavers Seminars 2010, I decided I must check it out.

Been a fan ever since!

And I am hoping for a return to an in-person event in the Spring of 2023, because not only is the area charming, but I usually take a day or more to access the TIAC's textiles, extensive handwoven samples and weaving books.

Plus, I learn much from rubbing shoulders with others who are accessing the collection, which typically inspires new advertures in the year that follows the conference in the pursuit of newly-introduced topics by experts from a variety of textile areas.

Sally

Penny Lacroix