Re: Overshot and nomenclature

Helena Loermans

In the research and reconstruction of canvas in Old Master paintings, I am weaving the so-called hin und wieder patterns.
The term is from Mark Zieglers book 1677.
The 'oldest' canvas I have reconstructed until date is from Titian's Portrait of Isabella d'Este 1536.

Another canvas from Caravaggio 1606 is in the begiterter Arbeit technique, (lace)
These drafts are not  in Ziegler's book and only two drafts in Nathaniel Lumscher's book 1708.

Not sure if it's allowed to include pictures in this group...

Helena Loermans

--
Helena Loermans
Odemira Portugal