Re: Overshot and nomenclature

Eileen Crawford

Nomenclature helps the reader to understand the writer's intended meaning.  I would love to have a simplified dictionary of terms in weaving, using Irene Emery's work as the source.  Will anyone please volunteer?  I volunteer to assist in the research.  It is not unlike using Latin to name all plants, versus the confusing common names for each one in different locations and languages.

And it would be lovely to see the quote by Peter Collingwood that used to close each post in this group.  It is related to the topic of nomenclature in weaving.  I have not been able to locate it, and hope that someone will repost it.

thanks,
Eileen Crawford