From: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io> on behalf of Jennifer via groups.io <senoradeltelar@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 10:01 PM
To: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [weavetech] Question: Resources for Cut Pile rug Weaving Knot Waste

As I wrote earlier, I wove pile rugs a very long time ago. But these Bedouin women were poor and very thrifty.  They didn’t waste one centimeter of yarn.  They worked off of one long continuous length of yarn, not precut pieces. I don’t remember exactly how but I’ll try to find out. Now I’m intrigued.  I just wish that I could remember. Jennifer

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, October 16, 2021, 5:01 PM, Sara von Tresckow <sarav@...> wrote:

I have done two full sized rugs and some smaller pieces. There is NOT all
that much "waste". The process is quite time consuming and the amount of
wool that is cut off in a week or a month is very  small once you learn how
to make good knots. I have always made a row with a small amount of overage
and then trimmed it with a good scissors and it is more like shaving than
cutting.
And I am beginning to wonder just why all the resources, except for the ones
that I have listed are from Western weavers with no experience with those
who weave traditional carpets.

http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs