Re: Question: Resources for Cut Pile rug Weaving Knot Waste

anatcheva

The weavers of Kostandovo also used a continuous strand; using something like a razor to cut the yarn immediately after tying and then scissors to trim the excess at the row level (they each had a small cardboard box next to them holding multiple balls of yarn).

I did see sacks of trimmings piled up in a storage room (they were fine enough to remind me of wool prepared for tweed yarn).

Below is a video (from AP) showing the process (they are lightening fast).

Replicating some of the world's most prestigious carpet designs