Re: Question: Resources for Cut Pile rug Weaving Knot Waste

Sara von Tresckow

I have done two full sized rugs and some smaller pieces. There is NOT all
that much "waste". The process is quite time consuming and the amount of
wool that is cut off in a week or a month is very small once you learn how
to make good knots. I have always made a row with a small amount of overage
and then trimmed it with a good scissors and it is more like shaving than
cutting.
And I am beginning to wonder just why all the resources, except for the ones
that I have listed are from Western weavers with no experience with those
who weave traditional carpets.

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sarav@woolgatherers.com
http://www.woolgatherers.com Dutch Master Loom/Spinning Chairs/Öxabäck
Looms, visit us in Fond du Lac or contact us about your weaving/spinning
needs