From: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io> on behalf of Elizabeth Moncrief via groups.io <l.moncrief@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 9:41 PM
To: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [weavetech] Double countermarch

Thanks Sara
Ive just learned that this setup is used on the HD rug loom, designed by Collingwood…tho he wrote this piece that I was referring to in the Quarterly Journal in Britain in 1957, long before he was working with HD on the loom.   What a guy.

I also realized that if I put all lams side by side on one rod, then I can’t use Kati Meek’s ingenious tieup system, using only half of the cords. Mine is a Toika and has the upper lams corded to the bottom shaft bar but the lower lams corded to the jacks or coupers.  I guess I’m not sure on your explanation of the lower lams on your Cyrus.  Would you be willing to send me a photo of what you’re describing?
Thanks so much for your response. Looms Mechanics are my thing.😊

Liz Moncrief
Www.aweaversway.com
Instagram:  moncriefliz