Re: Weaving diagram in the book, Tuskaft

Regina Wegemund

Hello Louise, when I made such a piece I draw the edges at the side to the next step and then everything to the other side. And so on.... So at the end I had a very long thread that I fixed somehow and then cut. Hope you understand what I mean. But I think you can also make a nice knot at each side. When you take a special color or material for this thread it can give your piece a special design.

Regina

Am 17.08.2021 um 19:28 schrieb Louise Yale via groups.io:

Thank you, Regina.

Wove a small sample piece. Now, I will pull/draw together. Are the loops
that form on the edges just there as part of the design/decoration?

Louise

It is a plain weave with regularly inwoven threads (the black threads)
which you after finishing the work draw together.

Regina

Am 17.08.2021 um 04:57 schrieb Louise Yale via groups.io:
In the book, Tuskaft, on pages 108 and 109, a pleated fabric is shown.
Have used various translating sites but cannot figure out what causes
the
pleats.
...a technique? It looks like plain weave with an overshot
...a particular yarn?
...the finishing??
...something else?

Thanks.