From: weavetech@groups.io [mailto:weavetech@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michelle
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 10:26 PM
To: weavetech@groups.io
Subject: [weavetech] "Pick by Pick Treadling" question

Hello from North Dakota, USA.

I am trying to put a pattern I found in a book called "Huck Pattern Collection" into my weaving software so I can weave a shawl.

I am trying to figure out the nomenclature of this huck weaving book - it says: Treadling: "Pick by Pick Treadling" is given for the multishaft designs (unless states as "Pick by Pick", treadling sequences are given by listing the pattern treadle of the unit to be treadled. This is a 5 shaft huck that I am trying to figure out what they mean by "Pick by Pick Treadling".

Is there anyone who could help me understand this terminology? I can honestly say I've read a lot of weaving books and don't recall this one. Thanks in advance!

Michelle in North Dakota