Re: Louet Megado question

Fran Osten

I have dealt with the same problem several times with my older Megado that I purchased used but only after it had woven without problems for some years. I replaced the cord several times. I finally realized that the cord was wearing where it went over or beside the screw attaching it to the pulley. There didn’t seem to be a way to wind the cord around the pulley to avoid it hitting the screw.  Dave did not have an answer that solved the problem. My husband finally ran the cord through a piece of flexible plastic sleeve from electrical wire in the area that was getting abraded and I have had no further problems.  I am not sure what else you can use to protect the cord.

Fran Osten
GooseCove Looms
WWW. Danfothweavers.com

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:11 PM Elizabeth Moncrief via groups.io <l.moncrief=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
You can purchase a spool of cord from any weaving dealer and just measure out the broken cord. Also I’ve emailed Louet with questions and it takes 2-3 days to get a response. I’m sure that ETC would be happy to help you

Sent from liz's iPhone
Instagram:    Moncriefliz

On Feb 16, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Denise <dkovn@...> wrote:

Greetings to all! I recently purchased a new-to-me 32-shaft Louet Megado 70 loom. Long story short, the Texsolve cords on the pulleys for the compu dobby keep breaking. I do know that Dave Vanstralen is great at customer service, but I can't for the life of me find his phone number. How do I get in touch with him? And if that answer isn't available, can anyone on this list recommend a company or individual who can help us address our problems? The loom weaves beautifully but for the cords. It's an older model -- not sure how old, maybe 8-10 years old. Would a dealer such as the Woolery or the Eugene Textile Center help me with my questions, even though I did not purchase it from them?

Thanks,
Denise Kovnat
www.denisekovnat.com