Re: Multi yarns used as one

Vera Totos

You can use a doubling stand, something like this:

The idea is that the thread on the bottom goes through the center of the top cone, and as they unwind together, the top thread twists around the thread in the center, keeping the two from separating while winding or weaving.

Vera

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 12:45 PM Penny Peters <pennyjanepeters@...> wrote:
Reading The Stubenitsky Code, it looks as if on occasions, 3 strands of fine yarn are used as one, in warp and weft.Made me wonder if anyone has a good method for winding two or three yarns together on a pirn or bobbin.  It is something I have never done successfully.
Thanks
Penny Peters