Re: Cotton Yarn breaking

Marie Kulchinski

15 yeast ago, I went to the closing of Coaks & Clarks mill warehouse.  We were able to fill a van full of wonderful yarn.  We were prohibited from touching a set of pallets of black yarn that had been rejected because of breakage.  We were told they were going to be destroyed.  So, manufacturer's were aware of the problem.  How many tons of different size yarn were produced?  That is an unknown amount.  What the distribution of the yarn under what label is another question that can not be easily address today.

If you have black yarn, either skein or wind a warp then wash it.  Hang to dry and put the skein or warp under tension.  If it is going to break, it will now.

I love black yarn but I am very careful about buying it.

Marie