Re: hot or cold?

Linda Schultz

That's a good point about wanting "soft" linen. I love the hand of linen, which starts out crisp and changes as its used. If it's something for my own use, the linen gets pressed or mangled and then gets to that point through use. It's only for tea towels that I am selling that I soften them a bit in the dryer. My perception is that the average consumer is unused to linen's crisp feel, and wants a tea towel more like the ones they buy in the store.

But I would agree with the original poster that you would probably want a baby blanket to be softened before use.

Linda