Tip:  Draw a couple of buckets of water and leave them in the bathroom to flush toilets or wash hands.  Your water will be off for a while.

Feel free to contact me. I keep a pretty close eye on email.

Meg Welch. megwelch@...

On Mar 15, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Joe P <rugsbyjoe@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone

If what I am reading is true. That led pipe is safe as long as the calcified lining stays in place. Then why would a city the size of Milwaukee be removing all of the led pipe? It is just not safe.

Keep Weaving
Joe Bear in WI U.S.A.

From: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io> on behalf of bigwhitesofadog <sandra.eberhart@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 9:45 AM
To: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [weavetech] Dyeing cons

This is becoming somewhat off topic, but since contamination of water
supplies is of general interest, I would like to add this.  The events
that Joe is referring to results from water from a city water supply
that was too acidic being distributed through household  lead supply
pipes.  Lead pipes are generally considered safe as long as the water
is neutral in pH, and the calcified lining of the pipe remains in
place.  This was not the case in Flint.   Flint is a case of a city
water treatment system that did not make the water safe for
distribution, and not contamination of the water.  Flint had changed
its water source, but had not altered the treatment system.
 The events that I referred to are a completely different and
unrelated incident.  I did say that the water affected is ground and
well water, and the long term solution is to connect to a city water
supply.  Many affected homes are too far from a town to be able to do
this.  The water repellent is commonly called PFAS, and is related to
Teflon.  Wolverine, a shoe manufacturer, used it and dumped barrels of
waste and waste leather in areas North of Grand Rapids, which became
piles of rusting, leaking  barrels.  PFAS has been found in many other
water supplies in the US, particularly around airports, where it is a
component in firefighting foam.  Anyone interested in further
information can search PFAS or Wolverine Worldwide.
Sandra