Re: Texsolv heddles on Leclerc Colonial

Elizabeth Moncrief

The texsolv can work on larger looms with heavier shaft frames. It’s not successful on smaller looms or even large looms with lightweight frames as the frame will tend to creep up when tension is applied to the warp.
Rising shed jack looms are designed to account for that weight. I would bet that there is some rule in the industry that dictates how much variance one can work with given the weight of the frame.

Sent from Liz Moncrief, www.aweaversway.com

On Feb 29, 2020, at 10:03 PM, kathyo <kathyanneolson@...> wrote:

I put texsolv on my schacht 36” standard and it’s great ...
I did it for the noise factor... it’s much more quiet now... also light treading for a jack of this type...

Takes a bit to get used to threading them... they don’t slide like metal heddles and are more flexible... but I like them....
I don’t have any shaft or harness floating but if you do a small fishing weight most often cures it...
kathyo

On Feb 29, 2020, at 11:52 PM, rhwench
Has anyone replaced metal heddles on a leclerc Colonial with texsolv?