Re: Wormy Chenille

Ro Spinelli

Thank you, Su Butler for your description , makes total sense. I have woven with Rayon Chenille for years . Mostly scarves and loose fitting garments and have never had one piece worm. My chenille has come from anywhere, and everywhere… yarn sales, garage sales webs halcyon , you name it. I have never had a piece worm. I have mainly only used plain weave, at 16-18 eps, but I have beat it to death! I beat these projects very hard, feels like a board on loom, but always has soften luxuriously when wet finished and dried. I have relied on color and weave, and work in the warps with color changes and rainbow colored warps to form interest to the pieces, with success. My relatives, are still wearing scarves I gave them many years ago, ( my test group), and the scarves still look and are wearing great. Best advice I got as a beginner weaver, years ago c, concerning Chenille….. “ Chenille is a different animal…… you have to weave it specifically to tame its attributes…. not like other yarn, it has a mind of its own…………… when in doubt, beat like hell! “ ha ha ha ha .
Thank you Su, for your explanation.
Ro Spinelli