Re: Rigid Heddle question

Syne Mitchell

Hiya, I don't think of it in those terms as when you put the heddle in the down position it's like a sinking shed, and when you put it in the up position, it's like a rising shed (sort of -- I'm typing this pre-coffee). For converting patterns I find it more useful to think in terms of peg plans.

If you have one heddle, you can do 2-shaft patterns without pickup.
Two heddles, 3-shaft patterns
Three heddles, 4-shaft patterns -- but this is pretty darn fiddly.

I'm going to go have coffee now... :)

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 6:18 AM Kathy Olson kathyanneolson@... [WeaveTech] <WeaveTech@...> wrote:

Must be too early 😉 but I cannot remember if my rigid heddle loom is considered a Sinking or Rising Shed when converting drafts from 4-shafts/harness patterns.

kathyo
Granbury TX

--

--Syne