Re: Megado dobby 2.0 file problem solved

margcoe

Sandra

Frankly, I’m not technically knowledgeable to respond to this. It is more that programs/programmers are having problems, not necessarily weavers. WIF uses an obsolete format that went out with Windows 3.1. It’s difficult for some programs to read WIF files developed in a different program. Etc.

It has long been recommended that we save files in the native format of the program we are using.

I’m doing better, but I still have a ton of files to re-save.

Marg

On Oct 15, 2019, at 6:20 AM, Sandra Eberhart sandra.eberhart@... [WeaveTech] <WeaveTech@...> wrote:

Marge, what are the problems that people are having with WIF files?
I have a lot of them that I have gotten from various sources, and I
convert them to Weavepoint files as I use them. If there is a problem
with them being stable I should probably take the time to convert
everything I think I'll want to use.
Sandra

_._,___