Re: Turned Cannelé in Tencel: what problems might I encounter?

E. de Ruiter <ederuiter@...>

Could you please explain what is turned cannelé? Or do mean turned taqueté?
Erica

From: sally@... [WeaveTech]
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:21 PM
To: WeaveTech@...
Subject: [WeaveTech] Turned Cannelé in Tencel: what problems might I encounter?

I am considering trying a deflected warp project in Spider Weave / Cannelé in tencel/soy silk/rayon.
Has anyone tried this before?

I have woven this structure with a cotton ground and rayon for the deflected weft to much success. But the differential shrinkage rates, along with the greater amount of take up and shrinkage occurring in the warp direction, enhanced the weft deflection.

Will this hold true if done in the warp direction, using materials for the ground that do not shrink as much as cotton?

What should I anticipate (besides weighting these deflected warps separately) if I try this in the warp direction?