Re: Exhibition yardage submission

Margaret Welch

Sally,
 Your yardage took my breath away.  I hope it's used in your own home.  No one else deserves it.
Meg Welch

On Jan 22, 2018, at 10:27 AM, sally@... [WeaveTech] wrote:

For some reason, Yahoo does not appear to have accepted my image loads, and will not allow me to create a new album for the images at this time.

As an alternative that can be seen by anyone, I created a new project page at Weavolution called "Photographing Yardage." Unlike Ravelry, you don't have to be a member to access this project page.
(https://weavolution.com/project/sally-orgren/photographing-yardage)

Bonnie's advice to reference SS&D for past images is sound. Also note photo credits are typically given. So if you see a photographer whose image you like, you might contact them for professional help if you feel it's too difficult to try on your own.

If you are thinking to hire a professional, it would be worth your time to play with your yardage first — practice styling it. If you know what you are asking your professional to capture before you get into the studio, it might save time and money.

Good luck - I can't wait to see what will be juried into all the exhibits this summer.