Re: Musty smelling washer

weaveworks2003@...

Just about any washer will get musty smelling IF you leave the door shut all the time even after your wash is done and the clothes are in the dryer.  I leave the washer door open when not in use.   I have 2 washers......one front loader and one top loader that I use occasionally for dying.  Since I've been leaving the door and lid open, I no longer have any musty smell.

Lynne in Maine

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:08 PM, "'Timothy Flint' tnjflint@... [WeaveTech]" wrote:

A couple of months ago this topic came up and one suggestion was made by Sara that you shouldn’t use fabric softeners, they just gum up the washer (my words not hers).  We have the whirlpool front loader which, incidentally, is under a class action suit for this problem.  We took her advice and slowly things began to improve and now we are pretty much odor free.  So thank you Sara, it worked!!!
Tim