Re: Wing Nut Wrench

weaveworks2003@...

Hi folks,

If I need help with tightening or loosening a wing nut, I use a pair of pliers.

Lynne in Maine
www.weaveworks.com

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:27 PM, "Sandra Rude sandra@... [WeaveTech]" wrote:

I heartily agree with Joe on this tool. When I first heard about "wing nut wrenches for weavers" I thought about ordering one. But my husband is a woodworker, and made me one in about 10 minutes from scrap hardwood. It works wonderfully on all the wing nuts on the beater that have to be removed during the threading process. I use it on all my looms, and indeed any sort of bolt+wing nut hardware that needs tightening or loosening!  Great tool, whether purchased or homemade.

Sandra (who knows from experience that as we age, we lose muscle mass and strength, not to mention increasing stiffness and joint pain due to arthritis)

On 9/15/2016 8:44 AM, Joe P rugsbyjoe@... [WeaveTech] wrote:
The other tool I bought, was just kine of neat, to be honest I never thought I would use it to much but I was wrong. My fingers are not as strong as they once where. I have never been able to get wing nuts tight so they come lose real quick while weaving. So I bought a wing nut tool from Purrington looms. The tool fits all of the wing nuts on my A&V loom just perfect. The tool is made out of hard wood and it has 3 cuttings in it for 3 different size wing nuts. In the past I have broke one of the ears from time to time off of a wing nut using a pliers.