Re: screen printing on warps

Diane de Souza

Elda Kohl teaches a technique for doing this and has a dvd. She wrote an article in Handwoven - "Ikat Effects Without the Fuss," in the November/December 2000 issue of Handwoven magazine. However, it is done on a loom. The other way to do it is across a long table and have the warp clamped at each end - with boards or whatever. I have also thought about using a loom at one end of the table to anchor the warp on the warp beam - drape it across the table, paint, roll onto the warp beam .... I have not had a chance to try it. I have tried Elda Kohl's method and it works great.

Diane de Souza