Pirns....

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

I'm reading along in a 1951 issue of Handweaver & Craftsman, Vol.2 no.3 and
I find an article by Bill Carter on shuttles; since I'm always interested in
shuttles, I read the article and found something I hadn't thought much
about, the direction the yarn should be wound on a EFS pirn. Mr. Carter
stated that one can increase or decrease the twist of the yarn, by which
direction it unwinds from the end of a pirn ( he called it a bobbin ). As
my pirn winder motor is reversable, I wondered if I could add to the twist
and would it make much difference ?
Has anyone tried both winding directions and come to any conclusion about a
preferred direction ?

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California