Re: selvedge rollers

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

I have the selvedge rollers on two of my looms.
It would be really great if they also had a way of forming
their own shed.
Selvedge beams/rollers/bobbins are a great help, we use them and they were
shown in several old texts ( one is Luther Hooper, " Handloom Weaving " 1920
ed. ), It's good that one loom maker has started supplying them, maybe
others will too someday.
There is an easy way to have the selvedges operate without using two shafts
to do it for two shuttle weaves. See my old articles : SS&D, 1985 Fall # 64
Selvedge System, 1988 Fall # 76 Selvedge System. You'd have to add a
couple of lamms to the loom and an upper jack, but it's not hard, there's an
old CB loom behind me right now with the device on it.
If you do decide to add the device, there's an error in one of the articles
which was added after it was submitted, by someone who did not entirely
understand the principle, so contact me for the correction.

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California