Re: Moving ring temples....

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

Could you explain what a ring temple is please
They're a pair of cylinders the size of a lipstick or chapstick that have
bristle-y points set in loose rings, the rings are set at an angle. The
woven cloth runs under the temples and is pulled out to reed width at the
fell. The temples aren't normally mounted on hand looms, they're powerloom
or production items because an auto-takeup is required to keep the fell line
permanently at one position only. They are expensive, they must be ordered
to fit the loom and the angle, size of teeth, etc. must be specified.

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California

Join to automatically receive all group messages.