Re: Introduction & questions

julieannemcdonald <redgables@...>

--- In WeaveTech@y..., Doreen McLaughlin <doreen@d...> wrote:

Computer dobby questions: Do those of you who have upgraded
from a
manual to a computer dobby feel it is worth the money? If you have
an
AVL, could you, if you wanted to, convert back to a manual dobby (in
case of computer failure)? How well has the AVL computer dobby
worked
for you?
Hi Doreen,
Learning to chain up a peg plan on the manual Dobby head is a good
learning experience, or so AVL told me when I first purchased my
loom. It can be removed fairly easily if your Compuu Dobby needs
attention, but the ease and speed of making changes on the CompuDobby
makes the manual one only a back up piece of equipment in my studio.
Julie-Anne McDonald