Treadles...

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

From a technical viewpoint, I really like the rear hinged treadle that
Leclerc offers, it incorporates a class 1 lever on a class 2 lever to
compensate the arc of the treadle so it will act more like a front hinged
treadle, yet retain the mechanical advantage of a rear hinged treadle. Quite
ingenious; I've only seen one other loom maker use these, years ago.
I wonder how the owners/weavers like them ? Are they easier to tie up ? Do
you have to make some ties shorter or are they all the same length ?

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California