Re: overhead beaters....

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

Hi Joan,
Sketch enclosed.
More to follow -

- Bill Koepp in Central California

I'm not familiar with the two terms, beater swords and Capes.
The loom I'm referring to is an AVL production dobby. That particular
loom had a lever that you could drop down to hold the beater
back; otherwise it had to be held back by hand. I'm asking this question
as a part of my research for my future dream loom. I like the overheads
but want it to stay back by itself.

What is it that you like about this type of beater?
Is it true that rugs are easier to beat with them?

In your picture it looks like the hanging beater is defying gravity.