Re: electrical outlets/photos....

Ruth Blau <ruthblau@...>

For a computer, one should use a power
strip that also has a surge protection built in, these are pricey little
puppies but worth the peace of mind;
Both my loom and the computer that drives it are on an uninterruptable power supply. These tend to cost over $100, but they are worth it, if you're in a thunderstorm area (as I am). You need to get a UPS that is geared to the power of the equipment you're going to plug into it (the people who sell them can usually help you on that). If the power goes out, your UPS gives you enough power to complete an orderly shutdown rather than having your equipment crash.

Ruth