Ecclesiastical Weaving

Ruthie, the Weaver <ruthieanderson@...>

I have decided on a natural white cotton warp and silk weft (approx.
40/2??) Does that sound OK.

I embroidered one for my mother's church and it has to be washed, so you may want to make sure that it is washable and not dry cleaned only. Dry cleaning is expensive and has to be taken to the cleaners and picked up. Our church did not want to be bothered with that. The one that I did was washable. I embroidered the symbols of the church in gold floss. It has held up well. To embroider it, I printed the church symbols on graph paper and then used the chart to do a very fine cross-stitch.

Ruthie