Re: warpwise cannele?

Eunice Smith

Ruth:

On page 170 in Oelsner Dale there are several examples of deflected threads, both warp and weft.
There are a great many weaves here. I've done quite a few myself.

Eunice Smith

RBlau wrote:

In our discussion of spider weaves/cannele, someone mentioned warpwise zigzagging floats, and Su Butler (I think it was) said she had a scarf woven by another weaver in this manner.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now, and all I can come up w/ is that it would have to be some kind of supplementary warp, and I still don't see how you would get it to zig and zag. In weftwise cannele, it's the placement of the warp floats (which act as ties) that creates the zigging & zagging. How would you do this with a supplementary warp?

Ruth