Re: Shaft Switching....

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

and now I
am provoked to wonder if any of your gorgeous rugs were woven in ways NOT
shaft-shifted.
Yes ! Some were done with a 12 shaft CM; I used S & W with crackle* ( Corded
) treadling . That loom is now being reworked to give me more blocks to do
the same weave. I'm making a modified Shaft Switch/Draw system, without
doups or lingos; I have hopes it'll be successful !

* S & W Crackle or Corded can be found in:" The Summer & Winter Weave" by
Helen Daniels Young ( no ISBD # )
and
The Weaver¹s Journal # 24,Spring 1982, page 48

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California