WeaveTech firstname.lastname@example.orgWeaveTech is designed for intermediate and advanced shaft-loom weavers. It does not entertain novice questions, nor does it focus on tapestry, rigid heddle, or Navajo-type weaving. As a rough guide, you should have been weaving for at least 2 to 3 years before participating in this group.
This list is designed to provide a focused, intelligent,and quality dialogue on structure, technical matters (including computers in the context of weaving), color, design, and professional pursuits related to weaving. It is a forum for serious weavers, both professional and avocational, who wish to communicate with others who are equally committed to the craft of weaving. You must be familiar with basic weaving terminology (e.g. sett, profile draft, block weaves), know how to warp and tie up your loom, and be at least interested in (if not yet using) computers in the context of your weaving.
Vendors are permitted on this list, but blatant, hype-laden advertising is frowned upon. Announcements of new products, however, are considered a service to the weaving community.
List members are expected to use their own names rather than pseudonyms. Anonymous posting is not permitted. Do not post "me-too" messages, and please send thank-you messages privately to the person you wish to thank rather than to the whole list.
- 1,538 Members
- 20,331 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.