Topics

Yaesu Digital mode (Yaesu System Fusion)

Wayne Morris - AC5V

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Brian Richman

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Wayne Morris - AC5V

I will look in to that.

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Wayne Morris - AC5V

We need to get on the air and try it out. I think that it works in analog mode.

There is some data modes on that radio. It just does not have CF4M.

Let me know when you would like to give it a try.

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Anthony R Paolucci Jr

You may need to update the firmware on the radio. If the firmware isnt update on the radio it will not work correctly with the repeater especially if it's the next generation ysf repeater the latest & greatest yaesu repeater.
73
Anthony R Paolucci Jr
KG5JPU
(817)707-6008

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020, 17:26 Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

We need to get on the air and try it out. I think that it works in analog mode.

There is some data modes on that radio. It just does not have CF4M.

Let me know when you would like to give it a try.

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Brian Richman

Checking the Yaesu site, my radio at least only handles Wires-X and I am slowly working out how to use it. No firmware updates online at the Yaesu website either...

What I mentioned on the air last night is all about 'sister' and 'friend' groups. There are a couple of Wires equipped repeaters in the area and next week is when I'm going to TRY and get onto them.

Not too worried bout it as I want to focus on HF in the new year...

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 09:00:29 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Good point!

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Brian Richman

I have your repeater info here and will program it in.

Emission types are F2D and F3E

May not get a chance until sunday sometime.

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 05:26:15 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

We need to get on the air and try it out. I think that it works in analog mode.

There is some data modes on that radio. It just does not have CF4M.

Let me know when you would like to give it a try.

It seems my FM radio (Yaesu 2980-R) handles Wires-X not YSF.

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 08:49:44 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

Here is a video by John Kruk explaining Yaesu System Fusion (YSF). The first half describes YSF and the second half has more about Wires-X.

https://youtu.be/FiQcmAb_e70

Wayne Morris - AC5V

The Sister Groups and Friends group are not approximately Group ID and Personal ID. I have a repeater with Wires-X on 145.25, tone 162.2. I can make it available for you to use in analog mode. I have also put in a query to Yaesu about how that radio interfaces into the current systems.