WC5CTech Net

When:
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
7:00pm to 8:00pm
(GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:
Weekly technical net open to any amateur radio operators for the purpose of discussion of any amateur subjects and provide assitance to amateur radio operators atempting to acquire any level of license.

Brian Richman

I can hear you'all - strong five bars, and I'm calling out but nobody seems to be hearing me!

Must have a setting wrong... need to dig down in the manual for this Chinese junk thing, or put up a big antenna and/or a decent radio too!

------------
Brian R.

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 07:00:08 PM CST, wc5c@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:
Weekly technical net open to any amateur radio operators for the purpose of discussion of any amateur subjects and provide assitance to amateur radio operators atempting to acquire any level of license.

Wayne Morris

Make sure you set the CTCSS tone 110.9

The repeater won’t open without it.

From: wc5c@groups.io <wc5c@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Richman via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:48 PM
To: wc5c@groups.io
Subject: Re: [wc5c] WC5CTech Net - Tue, 11/26/2019 #cal-notice

I can hear you'all - strong five bars, and I'm calling out but nobody seems to be hearing me!

Must have a setting wrong... need to dig down in the manual for this Chinese junk thing, or put up a big antenna and/or a decent radio too!

------------

Brian R.

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 07:00:08 PM CST, wc5c@groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

Brian Richman

That's exactly what I was thinking... and sure enough... it was off. Still. I think I am able to open the repeater now - although a good 4 miles from Azle, so it's an unknown for me. Hmmm. 

At least I can hear you all.

------------
Brian R.

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 08:37:08 PM CST, Wayne Morris <waynemia@...> wrote:

------------

Brian R.

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

AzleComm

Brian,

Someone else may have responded to this but are you seeing the frequency shift 600 KHz positive when you key the transmitter?  Make sure you have the 110.9 Hz in the transmit CTCSS, you may have it in the Receive side.  You would receive OK but not transmit the tone to open the repeater.

Is it a Baofeng radio?  If you have not had any luck drop by my office sometime and I will see if I can help.

Paul

WB5IDM

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:41 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking... and sure enough... it was off. Still. I think I am able to open the repeater now - although a good 4 miles from Azle, so it's an unknown for me. Hmmm. 

------------

Brian R.

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 08:37:08 PM CST, Wayne Morris <waynemia@...> wrote:

------------

Brian R.

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

Brian Richman

I had it set to 100.9, not 110.9 on TX CTCSS... You'd have thought that little missing "1" would have been obvious to me, but NOOOOOOO. HAHAHAHA.

I'm having a few health issues (was diagnosed last week with something called "Templar Artitis"), and had an ultrasound scan this afternoon (I tihnk from the reaction of the techs, they found something) so unless the doctors drag me in for something 'emergency', I should be on the air Tuesday for the upcoming tech net. I plan on being there. 

------------
Brian R.

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 04:42:44 PM CST, AzleComm <azlecomm@...> wrote:

Brian,

Someone else may have responded to this but are you seeing the frequency shift 600 KHz positive when you key the transmitter?  Make sure you have the 110.9 Hz in the transmit CTCSS, you may have it in the Receive side.  You would receive OK but not transmit the tone to open the repeater.

Is it a Baofeng radio?  If you have not had any luck drop by my office sometime and I will see if I can help.

Paul

WB5IDM

------------

Brian R.

------------

Brian R.

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

Wayne Morris

Hope you hear favorable results.

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 6:52 PM

I had it set to 100.9, not 110.9 on TX CTCSS... You'd have thought that little missing "1" would have been obvious to me, but NOOOOOOO. HAHAHAHA.

I'm having a few health issues (was diagnosed last week with something called "Templar Artitis"), and had an ultrasound scan this afternoon (I tihnk from the reaction of the techs, they found something) so unless the doctors drag me in for something 'emergency', I should be on the air Tuesday for the upcoming tech net. I plan on being there. 

------------

Brian R.

Brian,

Paul

WB5IDM

------------

Brian R.

------------

Brian R.

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V

Michael Heusser, kl7sg

Hi Brian,

It happens to the best of operators.

And, it seems the older I get, the more often happens to me.

😊

Mike

Kl7sg

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 6:52 PM

------------
Brian R.

Brian,

Paul

WB5IDM

------------

Brian R.

------------

Brian R.

WC5CTech Net

When:

Where:
147.160 Repeater

Description:

--
73s,
Wayne, AC5V