Topics

FW: A Weatherford Civil Air Patrol Little L-Per Direction Finder Repair/Upgrade Request

Bob Ballard

To: All Tri-County ARC, Kilocycle ARC and ARC of Parker County club members.

Please note Victoria Gaylord’s email message below my signature.

Please contact Victoria directly (her email is above in the Cc… box) if you can provide radio repair assistance and/or advice on the subject of repairing the Weatherford Civil Air Patrol’s Little L-per direction finder and/or expanding the CAP’s ability to track the 406 MHz ELT’s mentioned below.

Here is a link to the Little L-Per Direction Finder’s Operating and Maintenance Manual - http://my.tbaytel.net/noasara/docs/lhmanual.pdf

Here is a link to a PowerPoint presentation describing how the Little L-Per Direction Finder is used - www.tuscaloosacap.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/L-PerDirectionFindingModified.ppt

Hopefully, amongst all of you experienced Hams, we have someone with the capabilities to repair and/or upgrade this important device for the Weatherford Civil Air Patrol.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

73,

Bob Ballard – KG5SQJ