Topics

A Few Pictures From The Auto Show Parking Lot Effort (Saturday Only)

Bob Ballard

The WC5C Club Trailer set up at the Parking Lot pay station.

Wayne Morris’s (AC5V) wife, Donna who executed incredibly efficient Yeoman’s duty cheering customers while taking their parking fee.

Many customers had some very entertaining chats with her when they exited the Parking Lot indicating that Donna had made their day!

The generators that provided 110v power to the trailer.  Mike Burns can tell the story regarding “Murphy’s Laws” disrupting the 110v power needs for a while.

The external parts of the RV Heater (outlined in red) recently configured by Mike Heusser (KL7SG), Mike Burns (KE5NCS) and Wayne Morris (AC5V) for the Club Trailer.

If I’m not mistaken, the RV heater itself was contributed to the Club by Tommy Latham but the “hook-up” components had to be purchased to configure it to work on the Club Trailer.  Please correct this information if I got it wrong.

Another view of the external portion of the Club Trailer Heater.

The Parking Lot that remained virtually 100% full almost all day on Saturday.  As parking space would open, we would use our HT radios to ask Mike Heusser (KL7SG) to let in just enough vehicles through the gate at the street to fill them again.  I had to tilt this picture here because I took it with the camera held high over my head and I accidently tilted it in the process.

The Saturday crew sans Daryl Pate (KC5SLQ) who was also there.

Seated in front row left to right – Mike Heusser (KL7SG) and Tommy Latham (KG5FNV).

Standing in rear row left to right – “Boss” Mike Burns (KE5NCS), Jay Cox (KG5BZW), Wayne Morris (AC5V) and Wayne’s wife, Donna Morris.

Photos by Bob Ballard (KG5SQJ).

Please forgive and correct me if I left anyone off the list above who was also there on Saturday.  I’ve been informed that Tommy Weeks (sp?) also supported the event on Friday.

Brian Richman (K9BJR) helped us take down the Parking Lot, load the equipment and the Club trailer on Sunday.  Brian also brought luscious Brownies, Chocolate Chip Brownies and Peanut Butter Blondies for all of us!

There were likely additional volunteers that earlier set up the Parking Lot T-Posts and strung the ropes and Caution tape.  I wasn’t there except on Saturday and Sunday so I’ll leave it up to Mike Burns (KE5NCS) to report those folk’s support of this critically important event for the Tri-County ARC.

73,

Bob Ballard – KG5SQJ

Secretary

Tri-County ARC

WC5C.org

Wayne Morris

That truck in the first shot left the lights on all day and had to be jump started to leave…