#ElmerNet Question - 70cm #technet

Wayne Morris - AC5V

How many of you that participate (or listen to) the Elmer Net do NOT have 70cm capabilities?

Why? Because there are some that cannot check in on 147.16 with the current receive impairment. I was thinking of using the 442.15 repeater or, possibly, moving the net to my 145.25 repeater.

Anyway, if everyone, or almost everyone, has 70cm, we can try it out. I plan to talk about it tomorrow also.

Look for some notes for tomorrow’s net to come out tomorrow sometime.

Brian Richman

I can hear it on my Chinese HT but can't make the trip.

You may remember that a year ago, I had to go out onto my back patio in the freezing cold to be heard by the repeater with it in VHF, so UHF is pretty much a non starter from here.

I could be tempted to get a UHF radio in the fullness of time... Maybe. Who knows. All down to she who must be obeyed.

On Monday, December 14, 2020, 07:07:03 PM CST, Wayne Morris - AC5V <waynemia@...> wrote:

How many of you that participate (or listen to) the Elmer Net do NOT have 70cm capabilities?

Why? Because there are some that cannot check in on 147.16 with the current receive impairment. I was thinking of using the 442.15 repeater or, possibly, moving the net to my 145.25 repeater.

Anyway, if everyone, or almost everyone, has 70cm, we can try it out. I plan to talk about it tomorrow also.

Look for some notes for tomorrow’s net to come out tomorrow sometime.

jurgencombs1958

Just fot a reference I could make the azle repeater with 5w and a diamond mobile whip antenna.

It was 12 ft to the base of it sat on my roof stuck to a heavy hunk of scrap metal.

This was from White Settlement not on a hill.

That may be a option for the ht ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone